Sign the Petition
PUBLIC PETITION TO STOP DESECRATION OF MAMILLA MUSLIM CEMETERY IN JERUSALEM BY
ISRAELI AUTHORITIES AND THE SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTER
We demand that the competent Israeli authorities act:
- To immediately halt further construction of the Simon Wiesenthal Center “Museum of Tolerance” on part of the Mamilla Cemetery site in Jerusalem;
- To declare the entire historic site of the Mamilla Cemetery an antiquity, to be preserved and protected henceforth by its rightful and appropriate custodians, the Muslim Waqf (public endowment) authorities in Jerusalem;
- To restitute and rebury where they were originally found all human remains removed from Mamilla Cemetery, in coordination with the competent Muslim authorities in Jerusalem; and,
- To document and reveal to families who claim their ancestors are buried in Mamilla, or to their representatives, the whereabouts of human remains and artifacts, exhumed in the construction.
- If you wish to support these demands as a co-petitioner, please sign below:
- If you wish to join as an institutional co-petitioner please contact: email@example.com
Your signature will be forwarded to the competent United Nations bodies in support of the four demands of the “Petition for Urgent Action on Human Rights Violations by Israel: Desecration Of the Ma’man Allah (Mamilla) Muslim Cemetery in The Holy City Of Jerusalem”, submitted on February 10, 2010 on behalf of sixty individual petitioners by the Centre of Constitutional Rights (CCR), 666 Broadway 7th floor, New York, NY, 10012, USA .
If you wish to collect signatures in your community, please download the pdf version of the Public Petition and return scanned copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org